10 Things That Happen if You Burn a Bay Leaf || Natural remedies using Bay Leaf
Since the time of the ancient Greeks and Romans, bay leaf has been considered a valuable, medicinal herb. It is mostly found in the Mediterranean and has been used as a natural remedy for many diseases for centuries back. The bay leaf serves many purposes, and it is often used in the cosmetics industry for making perfumes, as well as used in cooking. As we typically burn sticks or cones of incense now, bay leaves were once burned in homes and places of worship. Some reasons were religious, some even fantastical, but others were based on the scientific fact that bay leaf contains a hodgepodge of chemicals beneficial to the body.
1.Easy Ways to Beat Anxiety Using Bay leafBay leaf burning has been used a way to relieve stress for centuries. However, if you’re feeling stressed or you have a bad mood, simply burn a leaf or two in an aluminium baking tray in your room or office and leave for ten minutes. Make sure you close the windows And you’re not burning it under a smoke detector. The combination of chemicals, keep the tray away from anything flammable (like paper, wood or linens) in the leaves create a smoke that, when inhaled, calms the body and mind. People who burn bay leaves regularly note that the smoke putsyou in a “psychedelic state,” but it doesn’t make you tired; the smoke can calm your body while simultaneously perking you up.
2. Bay leaf Reduce Inflammation One of the most important benefits of bay leaves is their ability to reduce inflammation throughout the body because Some of the medicinal properties are included in bay leaves. This healing effect comes from the chemical eugenol, which is found in bay leaves and acts as an all-natural anti-inflammatory cure. These leaves contain a unique phytonutrient, called parthenolide, which can quickly reduce inflammation and irritation when topically applied to affected areas, such as sore joints or areas affected by arthritis.
3. Boost or increase Immune System By Bay leaf – Dry and fresh bay leaves are full of other vitamins and minerals necessary for a high-functioning body. Because of this, burning and ingesting bay leaves has the capacity to boost your immune system. Highly used in cooking such as meat, fish, rice or vegetables to make our cooking smell good and it is beneficial for keeping good health.
4. Magical Bay leaf To Cope with Diabetes – For this benefit, experts suggest consuming 1-3 grams of bay leaves a day to see the best results, or we can boil 7-15 pieces of the bay leave with 3 glasses of water until they remain 1 glass. Strain and wait until it is cold. Drink it at once before meal time. Practice this method twice a day so that the benefit of bay leaves can be absorbed by our body fast. Bay leaves have been directly connected with improved insulin receptor function and regulated blood sugar levels.
5.Improve Mental Alertness With Bay leaf – As we mentioned earlier, bay leaf smoke may have a calming effect, but it also increases alertness. In fact, burning bay leaves are often used to combat chronic tired! Some of the chemicals in bay leaves such as pinene, cineol and elemicin fight feelings of tiredness and give a pleasant energy increase to those who inhale the smoke.
6. Bay leaf Increases Mindfulness –Since bay leaves put you in a more heightened state of calmness and awareness, using the leaves as an incense during meditation is said to be especially effective. There is no medical research on this claim, however, frequent users do associate bay leaf smoke with a more mindful meditation practice.
7. Burning Bay leaf For Respiratory Relief –Bay leaves contain eugenol and myrcene. Both of these compounds contains great anti-inflammatory properties and are in fact used heavily in stress reduction therapy. Bay leaves are a natural remedy that can help treat clogged, backed up respiratory passages and lungs. It acts naturally to help break up and remove the nasty mucus and phlegm that’s causing all the problems. Instead of burning the leaves, soak fresh ones in clean water or pick up a small vial of bay leaf oil and use it in a humidifier to create a steamy vapour which you then breathe in. You can also simply boil the treated water on the stove top or rub the oil on your chest area to alleviate respiratory problems, allergies, and asthma.
8. Bay leaf Used as a pest control – The fumes of bay leaves are a safe and effective way to rid your household of annoying pests such as cockroaches.
9. Bay leaf For Teeth CleaningTo get splendid white teeth, brush them with powdered bay leaves once in 3 days.
10. Bay leaf Treatment for Dandruff and Hair Loss –A rinse made from infused bay leaves is effective in cure dandruff. Bay leaf tea is considered the best remedy for hair loss. Bay leaf oil is a tonic for hair that effectively fighting dandruff and hair loss.Bay leaves are a natural remedy. This train of thought goes all the way to the ancient Greek story of Apollo and Daphne. Even the ancient Romans and Greeks believed in the healing power of this herb. They used bay leaves not only in their food but also in medicine. Mythology says that Daphne changes into a bay laurel tree to escape the eager advances of the god Apollo, and the Greeks henceforth associated the leaves of the bay tree with spiritual properties. The leaves have been burned in temples for centuries to help increase focus on prayer and meditation.
If you like our good advice , then you can like it and share it. Do not forget to comment. Thank You !