Home Remedies for a Migraine || Easy to Relief Migraine Headache
When a migraine strikes, it can be crippling. Intense and sharp pain not only at the temples but radiating throughout the entire head, feelings of nausea and digestive discontent, an unbearable aversion to light, sound, and even the smallest of movements. A common neurological syndrome, Migraine is characterized by altered bodily perceptions, severe pounding headaches, nausea, and irritability.This pounding or pain usually begins in the forehead, the side of the head or around the eyes and gradually gets worse.
Causes of a Migraine
Change in weather conditions, missing a meal, stress, alcohol and certain types of food items are considered to be common causative factors of a Migraine. It is more common in women, usually by a factor of about 2:1, because of hormonal influence. Stress at work or home can cause migraines. Additionally, allergic reactions, exposure to loud noises or certain odours, smoking, or long exposures to computer screens/televisions could lead to Migraine attacks.
1. Nausea and vomiting
2. A headache
4. Depression or euphoria
6. Excessive sleepiness
7. Craving for certain food items
8. Altered mood
9. Constipation or diarrhoea
10. Increased urination
11. Stiff muscles (especially in the neck)
12. Light sensitivity
13. Pulsating and recurrent pain
14. Blurred vision
1. If there is a burning sensation with your migraine headache, apply a paste of ground clay or sandalwood powder mixed with rose water.
2. Take a ¼ teaspoon of clove powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil mix properly and Apply this paste on the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
3. Put an ice pack on your forehead, scalp, or neck to get pain relief.
4. Simply take peppermint tea with honey for a headache. Repeat as needed.
5. If you have a headache so take ginger tea you get relief or Simply chewing on a piece of raw ginger root will also help treat the problem and relieve symptoms like nausea and digestive distress.
6. Add one tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar to a glass of water. Mix in one tablespoon of honey. Drink this daily for a migraine.
7. Apply gentle, stable rotating pressure for the painful area. Maintain pressure for 10 to 15seconds, then release. Repeat this process as needed.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
1. Drink more water and eat more fibre, fruits and vegetables and whole grains.
2. Avoid direct exposure to the sun, as migraine headaches are predominantly a Pitta disorder and can be triggered by the hot sun.
3. Avoid Extreme exercise & physical exertion.
4. Avoid working for long hours on computer continuously take short breaks. Have a good night’s sleep in a dark room.
5. Head massage with any Oil is also beneficial. This massage gives a calming effect on your nervous system.
6. Headaches caused due to tension and worry can be alleviated through deep breathing and relaxation, especially in a lying down position in a quiet place. Inverted postures, or those where the head is lowered briefly, increase oxygen to the brain and can reduce a headache-causing strain.
Caution: Avoid Hot, Spicy foods, Fermented foods, White sugar, white flour products, and sour or citrus fruits, excessive sugar or salt, refined foods, animal products (meats and dairy), caffeine, tea, and alcohol.
If you like our good advice , then you can like it and share it. Do not forget tocomment. Thank You!