Easy Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Foot And Leg Cramps Fast
Cramps are the most common problem, Cramps will always come and go in different parts of the body, but for those who experience foot and leg cramps regularly. But the pain causes a lot of discomforts that is hard to ignore. Most of the times, the cramps happen casually and you really don’t have much control over them. They mostly happen at night during sleep and they are suddenly severe. In the most cases, they are experienced from the thigh downwards. We are telling you some home remedies to get rid of foot and leg cramps fast. However, there are several ways to get rid of foot and leg cramps fast and they include:
1. Massage For Foot Cramp
Massage is the best option for foot cramp. This is the immediate reaction to a foot cramp. First, you should apply pressure using your fingers to the area of the foot that is cramping and press rootedly on the spots where you feel the pain. A hard or soft touch can be suitable depending on which one works the best for you in reducing the pain. Massage reduces muscle tension and also helps blood flow to the affected muscle.
2. Stretching And Flexing For Legs And Foot Cramp When a foot cramp strikes out of the blue then a stretching exercise helps a lot. In this exercise spread your leg in front of you in either a sitting or standing position, or you can point your toes to the sky and stretch. Stretching increases blood flow to the affected area to ease the cramp. And suggest that you remain in a stretching position until the cramp goes away. This exercise used as a preventive measure by stretching before going to sleep.
3. Applying Hot Or Cold Compresses Hot Or Cold Compresses is the best way for foot cramp. Rubbing ice or a heating pad on the foot cramp or affected eases swelling to relax the muscle cramp. When you have used a heating pad, make sure the temperature is comfortable so that you don’t burn yourself. In the most cases, cold or hot compresses will make the pain disappear in just a few minutes.
4. Taking Foods Or Drinks Rich In Vinegar Vinegar is rich in acetic acid, which helps the body make acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter which improves our muscle functionality. The more acetylcholine in your body, make better your muscle function. Drinking pickle juice or drinking apple cider vinegar dissolved in honey or eating any type of mustard will provide quick relief from cramps.
5. Fluid Intake
The main reasons for cramps are dehydration of foot and leg cramps and increasing your fluid intake is the best option. There are more conditions that lead to dehydration such as kidney failure, diarrhoea, and electrolyte imbalances which all increase the risk of cramps. In this way, excessive sweating during exercise or when sick leads to excess fluid loss. So drink a lot of water to reduce muscle spasms which are caused by loss of salt, calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
6. Take Medications Or Supplements Foot and leg cramps are caused by a deficiency of certain vitamins and or minerals that are essential in the body. Calcium and magnesium Supplementary can help to reduce muscle cramps fast. Doctors always suggest vitamin E supplements for those suffering from regular muscle cramps.
7. Wearing Comfortable footwear During the pregnancy period, pregnancy-related cramps can be resolved by wearing supportive stockings, applying heat and elevating your legs. Pressure on the nerves and blood vessels, weight gain and changes in blood flow are some of the reason for leg cramps during pregnancy. When still on the dressing code, as a preventive scale, always sure that you put on the proper footwear. when going about your daily activities or when exercising to ensure that you move freely without straining your muscles.
8. Toe Stretchers Wearing a toe stretcher not only eases the pain of a foot and leg cramp but also reduces its frequency if you wear it for at least an hour a day. Toe stretchers improve your bone alignment and stretch muscle ligament to reduce muscle tension around the toes.
9. Take Some Tea
Chamomile tea is the best herbal remedy for treating leg cramps. Stress and Anxiety are also known to cause your feet and legs to cramp. Chamomile tea helps to relax the body. And taking a cup of chamomile tea when you experience foot cramp can help to ease the pain and to calm down and relax your muscles. Chamomile tea is easily available in health-food store.
10. Strengthening Exercises
Strengthening the foot muscle helps to reduce leg pain and it also reduces foot cramps. Always try this exercise that trains your toes as well as calf workouts which will ease the cramps. If you exercise properly and regularly, you will improve the strength of your feet and muscle cramps will not bother you.
Salt is the best home remedy for leg cramps. A pinch of salt is thought to be an ideal home remedy to get rid of leg cramps. Salt refill the diminished electrolytes in your body that are essential for muscle relaxation.
12. Soap Bar
Soap Bar is the best and easy home remedy for leg cramps. Keeping a soap bar under that part of the leg which often gets cramped is an efficient method to deal with leg cramps. The soap gives relief and relaxation in that particular area lowering the risk of leg cramps.
Other Useful Tips
Leg cramps are the result of weak muscles and unhealthy lifestyles and behaviour. A healthy, balanced diet improves the strength and flexibility of the muscles. Always do exercise regularly which build muscle strength and prevent the occurrence of cramps. Most people experience leg cramps at night, adopting an appropriate sleeping position also helps to reduce incidences of cramps. As you try and adopt a healthy lifestyle, the above remedies always provide you with fast, easy and effective solutions every time you want to get rid of foot and leg cramps. If you are subject to foot and leg cramps while you sleep, try drinking a cup of warm milk at bedtime.
In this article, we have told you some easy home remedies to get rid of foot and leg cramps fast. If you have more information related to it you can share with us. If you have any queries you can ask in the Comment.Thank You!