Ayurveda Remedies for Asthma || Natural Ayurvedic Home Remedies To Control Asthma
Asthma is a respiratory disease which is characterized by narrowing of the airways. Asthma is a chronic lung disorder which is caused due to inflammation of the airways. This happens when the body responses to a trigger such as exposure to cold air, emotional stress or heavy exercise. some other triggers or stimuli like dust, smoke, fumes or chemical allergens like pollen, grass.
Causes of Asthma
The cause of asthma according to Ayurveda is an accumulation of Kapha in the airways. The airways become narrow because of the blockage caused by Kapha. As a result, the flow of air to the lungs is interrupted, which makes the patient experiences difficulty in breathing. Asthma is caused because of excessive intake of Vata (cold), consuming Kapha aggravating food items, weakening of the lung tissues, and problems caused by lung diseases.
1. A cough (chronic or recurring)
2. Shortness of breath
3. Chest pain
4. Itchiness to throat and chin
5. Tightness in breathing
6. Wheezing (hissing sound)
8. Sleeping disorder
Ayurvedic asthma treatment considers bad digestion as a major cause. When the digestive system is weak, the body becomes oversensitive to dust, pollen, and other substances which trigger an asthma attack.The underlying cause of all asthmatic conditions is increased Kapha dosha in the stomach. From there it moves into the lungs, trachea, and bronchi.
Deposits of ama (mucus) in the lungs and respiratory tract create an obstruction in breathing and cause wheezing or coughing. Ayurvedic treatment of asthma focuses on restoring digestion with herbal preparations and the right diet and lifestyle changes. The medicines primarily work on pacifying Kapha and cleansing toxins from the body.
Home Remedies for Asthma
1.Take dried ginger root, black pepper, and long pepper in equal amounts, mix well properly and stored in an airtight container. Have ½ teaspoonful of this powder mixed with a ½ teaspoonful of honey twice a day with lukewarm water.
2.Take 11 guava leaves, 11 black pepper, 1 cup milk and 1 cup water. Put all of them in a pot and boil it well, when it reduced to one cup, drink in empty stomach. Take this daily for at least six months or a year.
3.Take lemon juice, Lemon juice is the good natural remedy.
4. Boil cumin seeds in water and inhale the steam. It helps dilate the bronchial passage.
5. Take 5 gm of ginger, black pepper, cardamom, clove, cinnamon, turmeric and 30 gm of sugar. Grind the mix of a powder. Take half to one teaspoonful and mix it nicely with honey. Take it twice a day.
6. Take drumstick leaves, Salt, Pepper, Lime juice, and boil all ingredients together.it is herbal the remedy for the condition.
7. Use mustard oil and camphor both for massage over the chest provides relieve in breathing.
8. Take freshly grated ginger in a glass of milk and add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder then boil all ingredients and take twice a day, this Ayurvedic remedy could reduce the frequency of asthma attacks.
9. Take a Half teaspoon of bay leaf, 1/4th teaspoon of Pippali and mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey taken two to three times a day may also help prevent chronic symptoms of asthma.
10. Give a half cup of ginger tea mixed with 2-3 crushed garlic cloves if your child is getting asthma attacks.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice for Asthma
1. Pulses like old rice (rice which is stored for at least one year is called old), wheat, barley, kulattha, mung beans, arhar beans, etc. should be consumed.
2. Take Honey, warm drinks like herbal teas, spice teas.
3. Sprouts, nuts, and seeds can be taken in moderate amount.
4. Heavy foods like dairy products cheese, curd, buttermilk, creams, and banana, etc.should be avoided.
5. Avoid Oily, greasy and fried foods because which are difficult to digest.
6. Avoid excessive or physically demanding exercise. Yoga and Pranayama can be helpful for Asthma.
7. Take light dinner.
8. Take 10-12 glasses of water daily but not along with the meal.
Caution: Avoid smoke, Tobacco, alcohol, White flour, white sugar, cold foods, cold drinks, and other refrigerated things.
If you like our good advice , then you can like it and share it. Do not forget tocomment. Thank You!